What better way to start off the new year than listing my top ten bookish resolutions! Go check out The Broke and the Bookish for other resolutions.
- Start this blog – This has been an idea of mine for a while now, so I’m glad to actually be starting it.
- Don’t be afraid to DNF – I always feel guilty for not finishing books, but I shouldn’t! If I’m not enjoying it, I should just move on. Maybe I’ll try it again some other time, maybe I won’t; I’m not going to worry about it.
- Try new genres – I’m huge on realism, but I’m very aware that there are so many brilliant books out there that I’m missing out on. It’s time to get out of my comfort zone: fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian, YA, romance…the possibilities are endless!
- Make time for reading – Every day if I can.
- Make time for writing – Same thing (though I’ve always found this particular goal a bit difficult. I might have to settle for once a week…)
- Don’t worry about numbers – Pages, books, time spent…none of it should matter if I get some good reading time in.
- Classics – I miss reading the classics back in undergrad. I found a lot of authors I really enjoyed, but didn’t continue on with them. Time to get back to them.
- Indie and small press authors – I know there are a ton of great ones out there, but I keep getting sidetracked by the Big 5 presses. I’m going to start reading some of the lesser known presses this year.
- More nonfiction – I’ve always loved nonfiction and want to keep reading them.
- Read what I want – I’m not going to force myself to read anything I don’t really want to read. I’m only going to read things I’m excited about.