This Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish, the list is the Top Ten Releases of 2015 We Meant to Get to but Didn’t.
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal. I know very little about this book, but I keep thinking about it.
- City on Fire by Garth Risk Hallberg. There was so much hype about this book when it came out, I still want to see what the fuss is all about.
- Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart. A book I bought when it was first released. I still can’t wait to read it.
- The Mark and the Void by Paul Murray. I loved Skippy Dies, so I was so excited when I heard Murray had a new book.
- The Giveness of Things by Marilynne Robinson. Another book I own. I’ll read anything by Robinson, I just haven’t gotten into it yet.
- Daydreams of Angels by Heather O’Neill. I’ve been trying to get into short stories, and this set sounds amazing.
- Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham. I get the new John Grisham every year, I just haven’t read it this year.
- Purity by Jonathan Franzen. I own this one, too. Majorly hyped books always end up on my radar.
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. I have only heard good things about how beautiful this book is.
- The Witches by Stacy Schiff. It’s a monster of a nonfiction book, but it sounds so interesting.
So what books did you wish you could have gotten to last year?