I’ve chosen as my romance freebie to do favorite romances, though most of these are more chic-lit than romance (I don’t really do much straight up romance). So here’s my list:
- Miranda’s Big Mistake by Jill Mansell. Cute, easy to read, and totally engrossing. This was the second book of Jill Mansell’s that I read, and I stayed up all night reading it. I kept telling myself I’d read only one more chapter, but when I reached the end, I just had to keep reading!
- Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. As someone who grew up with the Princess Diaries books, I completely devoured this one. Loved it.
- Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. I received The Rogue Not Taken through Book Riot, but decided to start with this one instead. There’s nothing super special about this book to me; it’s just a nice read that is different from my usual selections.
- Millie’s Fling by Jill Mansell. Another easy and fluffy read. She’s such a great writer.
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. The ultimate epic romance. Will always be a favorite.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. One of the first books I read for my undergraduate English degree. I think my schooling started off on the right foot.
- Staying at Daisy’s by Jill Mansell. Sensing a theme here? I will read all of her work. Trying to collect them all.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Young love in Paris. Can’t get much better than that.
- I Want it That Way by Ann Aguirre. Very sweet. I love that there is a kid added in the mix.
- To the Moon and Back by Jill Mansell. I had to add one more (though really all of them should be on this list)! This one was lovely and heartbreaking at the same time.