I missed last week’s Top Ten Tuesday, but I didn’t want to miss this one! These books might not be the typical “warm fuzzy” books. I picked out the books that make me so happy just at the idea of reading them and returning them always makes me so happy.
- Harry Potter. Typical answer, but when I restart the series I’m always filled with happiness.
2. Jill Mansell. Her books are very feel-good.
3. Sycamore Row by John Grisham. Weird choice, I know. But with A Time to Kill being one of my favorite books ever, I was so, so excited to learn there was a sequel. Reading Sycamore Row filled me with so much happiness to be able to return to a scene and characters that I loved so much.
4. The Flavia de Luce series. It’s all so cute! And so well-written!
5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Because….well, isn’t it obvious?
6. Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. I grew up with the Princess Diaries series, and getting a final installment made me so happy. It was everything I hoped it would be.
7. Princess Forever by Meg Cabot. Speaking of the Meg Cabot series, I was very satisfied with what I thought (at the time) would be the ending back when this one came out. It wrapped up very nicely back then, and I felt very good leaving the series that way.
8. Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene. I occasionally turn to random book in the series when I need a little pick me up. Nancy Drew is truly an old friend that I enjoy catching up with at least once a year.
9. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder. This series makes me think of simpler times, back when I was a kid and didn’t have so many responsibilities and commitments.
10. Denise Swanson mysteries. I picked up one of her books nearly ten years ago when I just wanted something simple and fast to read. They are really cute, with a simple romance and good mysteries, and when I need an easy, cozy mystery to read I turn to Swanson first.
Anyone have any recommendations for good cozy reads? Go on over to The Broke and the Bookish for other lists for books to take care of any mood.