Another weekend, another tag! I found this one over at Therese Talks Books a while ago and saved it for now.
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Never. When I was younger I would sit in the back during road trips and could read the entire time. Never had a problem.
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
This might not be unique to everyone else, but I’d have to say Meg Cabot. When I first read the Princess Diaries books, I had never encountered a diary style narration or all the emails, text messages, and IM’ing like I had in these books. And all her books were like that!
- Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer
Harry Potter, of course! My three points: Complexity (the characters and the storyline
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I carry a purse and inside I always carry my Nook or Kindle, a notebook (or two), pens, headphones, my phone, wallet, and chapstick.
- Do you smell your books?
I used to, but I don’t anymore. I think because I’ve gone digital.
- Books with or without little illustrations?
I like comics, but in regular books, I don’t really care about illustrations.
- What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I think a lot of books I read when I was a kid that I still love (like Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys) doesn’t have the best quality writing. They are still absolutely lovely to read.
- Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably Les Miserables
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I would love to be an author, and I have a degree in Creative Writing, but I’m really self-conscious about my writing and don’t think it’s all that great.
- When did you get into reading?
Ever since I could remember I’ve loved to read.
- What is your favorite classic book?
To Kill a Mockingbird.
- In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
That and Math.
- If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I’d say thank you and put it on my bookshelf. It’s still nice that they thought enough to try to get my a book as a gift.
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t read series usually, so I don’t know.
- Doesn’t apply to me (I’m not a YouTuber).
- What is your favorite word?
- Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
- Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Neither. I’m more into realistic fiction.
- Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
- Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
I’ll say Werewolves because Lupin is one of my favorite characters.
- Zombies or Vampires?
- Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I don’t really like either. Both are overplayed and predictable. And it always seems that with love triangles, the couple I favor never is the one that end up together.
- Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action with a few love scenes mixed in. I’m not too big on love stories.