Time for Top Ten Tuesday! These week, I have come up with the things I love in books that I just can’t seem to get enough of.
1. Fairy tale retellings. I LOVE these books but I can’t seem to find really good new ones lately.
2. Classic retellings. Same with the classics. I’m picky about my classic retellings. They have to be just right.
3. Books about books. Another lovely type of book I can’t get enough of.
4. Beautiful covers. I adore the Penguin clothbounds and English Modern Library. Show me a pretty cover and I’m in!
5. More authors like Jill Mansell. She is my favorite light hearted novelist. I have been forever searching for an author that can match her wit and romance, but so far no dice.
6. Books set in New York. But not modern New York. More like the flapper period. I love those books.
7. Single dad romances. I have an odd love for cute little romances where a single man suddenly ends up with a baby somehow and his best girl friend helps him out and they slowly realize they’re in love. Very heartwarming and cute.
8. Books set in Europe. I’m fascinated with Europe and its history. I love reading about it, even in fiction.
9. Celebrity memoirs. I devour them. More need to be written!
10. Plain old good writing. I need a story that is well written. Can’t we have more of that?
What kinds of books are on everyone else’s wishlist?