I own too many unread books.
I have followed the Roof Beam Reader since long before I even considered starting my own blog, so I’ve always been aware of the TBR Pile Challenge he hosts every year. It’s a simple concept with a simple goal: read twelve books that have been on your TBR list for at least one year.
With this challenge, I’m turning to all those books that I’ve been “meaning to get to” for years. Those books that I’ve had big ambitions to tackle and have just somehow not found the time or been too intimidated to start. While I generally suck at challenges, I feel like this might be a challenge I could succeed at. Getting rid of some of my unread books is a major goal of mine this year. And if I don’t succeed, at least I’ve eliminated a few books from my TBR.
So, here is my list of books I plan on reading for this challenge:
- Some Luck by Jane Smiley
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- Hamilton by Ron Chernow
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Orlando by Virginia Woolf
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- Home by Marilynne Robinson
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
I’ll be posting a page at the top of my blog for this challenge. There you will find my list, my progress, and links to reviews of the books as I finish this challenge.